Does Tinge use ethically sourced ingredients?
Yes, we do! Tinge expects its direct product suppliers to adhere to and implement our Supplier’s Code of Conduct which addresses working conditions for suppliers and specifically prohibits the use of involuntary or forced labour, human trafficking, child labour, and harassment and abuse.
Are all Tinge products vegan?
Yes, Tinge products are vegan. Our reason to go vegan was simple – we’ve evolved. We can create formulas without ingredients that come from animals. As we’ve been innovating with natural clays, butters and oils, we’ve learned we can get amazing results that perform on par with (if not better than) formulas that contain animal byproducts.
Further, we wanted to create products everyone can love – including people who crave clean, cruelty-free and vegan beauty.
Does Tinge test on animals?
No, Tinge uses a method called VIRTO testing which is an alternative to testing on animals using HUMAN TISSUE. We love our little furry friends to put them through anything painful.
Is the lab animal friendly?
Yes, you can bring your furry friend to our lab at the store. However, please check with us before you do so to ensure there are no other animals there that can stir up their own bespoke mess!
Do Tinge products contain any fragrance?
Yes, Tinge does use essential oils as fragrance. However, if you would like a personalised product without fragrance, you can contact us on email@example.com or come by and custom make it at our lab.
Are Tinge products gluten-free?
Does Tinge have an ECOCERT certificate?
No, we do not have an ECOCERT certification but all the vendors who we source from hold the ECOCERT certification for all raw materials used by Tinge.
Are Tinge raw materials organic?
No, we do not use organic ingredients – we use only NATURAL ingredients. But some of our oils, micas and butters are certified organic.
What is the difference between organic and natural?
“Natural” means the ingredient is minimally processed and does not contain any hormones, antibiotics or artificial flavours.
When you see “organic” on the label, you know that it was made with a set of defined and regulated farming and production practices. This means that the earth must be certified by regulatory agencies that perform soil tests. Additionally, soil must have at least 3 years of no pesticide treatment before it can be certified to begin with. Only ‘organic’ guarantees no toxic synthetic pesticides, toxic synthetic herbicides, or chemical NPK fertilizers are used in production, and no antibiotics or growth hormones are present.
How long does a consultation take?
A typical consultation for creating a single lipstick usually takes 30 minutes.
What happens during the consultation?
Your assigned artist will assist you in finding the perfect shade for you. You choose a texture, an aroma, and then watch your lipstick being made right in front of you.
Can I make more than one lipstick in a single consultation?
Yes, make as many as you like! Please select the option of how many lipstick shades you’d like to purchase while making the appointment on our website so we know how much time to block for your consultation.
Why does the product cost more at the store than when we buy online?
At the store you get a more personalised experience of making your product firsthand which is not possible online. A specific one hour slot is blocked only for you and we help you choose what is perfect for you, INVOLVING YOU every step of the way.
Can we make a group booking?
Yes, we can cater up to 6 people at a time. For large group bookings (bachelorette parties, kitties, luncheons, etc.), please select “Make It a Party” on our appointment page and send in your request.
What are the different types of lipsticks we can customise?
We have 5 options of lipstick finishes you can choose from:
- Matte Liquid: This liquid matte lip-base goes on as a thin liquid layer but dries to a very matte finish while keeping the lips comfortably moisturised. These come in 3 ml & 5 ml vials with a felt tip applicator.
- Glossy Gloss: Perfectly formulated non-sticky gloss, this liquid lipstick has a glass-like sheer finish. Excellent for thin lips. These come in 3 ml & 5 ml vials with a felt tip applicator.
- Tender Tone: This series of lipsticks makes your lips tender with its natural waxes and plant oils. The finished product has excellent protecting and moisturising properties. Perfect for Indian summers and very dry winters. Great for chapped lips. This comes in the traditional lipstick bullet case.
- Antioxidant: Packed with velvety butter and oils rich in antioxidants, this luxurious semi-matte finish lipstick formula works as a good treatment for lips by providing super moisture and full coverage pigment. This comes in the traditional lipstick bullet case.
- Matte Wax: This waxy matte lip base dries to a very matte finish while still keeping the lips comfortably moisturised. Full coverage pigment. This comes in the traditional lipstick bullet case.
What is agave and the agave-products’ range at Tinge?
Agave is a plant sugar that penetrates the skin quickly and easily. It is rich in glycol acid which helps in healing wounds at a rapid pace. Considering our lips do not have oil glands, we have to take extra care in hydrating our lips and the Agave Lip Balm does just that.
We have two products with an agave base:
- Bamboo Fibre Lip Scrub (Limited Edition): This unique lip scrub has the softness of bamboo fibre that ensures it does not scrape the skin on your lips but instead rolls on the skin gathering up dead skin, making them supple and readying them for a smoother application. Bamboo fibre is natural and 100% biodegradable.
- Agave Lip Mask: The agave lip mask is infused with agave extract that not only draws water into skin cells but helps the skin stay hydrated for longer. Looking for a plumper youthful appearance? This is what you need to buy.
Ingredients: Agave extract, cocoa butter, microcrystalline wax, ozokerite wax, glycine soja (soybean), euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, grape seed oil, mango butter, vitamin E.
I just placed my order, when will I receive it?
It takes us 2-3 working days to process an order as all products are handmade with love, care and precision. Refer to our Shipping Policy for more details.
My order is missing an item.
We might not have had all of the desired items in stock when your package was shipped. If this is the case, the shipping confirmation email should tell you which products might still be outstanding and awaiting shipment. If a product does not get shipped, you will not be charged for it. If you have any more questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have your order ID ready and let us know which products you are missing.
Can I return an online bought product at the store?
Aw, snap. Sorry, purchases made online cannot be returned or exchanged at the lip lab or other authorised retailers. Please read our Return Policy.
Why is there a difference in colour from the product I selected online to the product I received?
There will be a slight variation in the shade of the actual product and the image shown on the screen due to varying screen resolutions and photography effects.
Why is the product I bought the last time different in colour now?
Because all our products are handmade, there might be a slight variation in the shade from each individually made product.
I would like to custom make an exclusive collection of colours for my brand in collaboration with Tinge.
Please write to us at email@example.com
I am a blogger and want to collaborate.
We love to work with bloggers and vloggers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get to know your requirements and also take a look at your work. We have many inquiries so we cannot take up every offer. Presently, we are looking for video bloggers for our YouTube channel.
If you receive an error message related to credit card authorisation failure, double check if the billing address on the credit card matches your account billing address and try re-entering your CVV or security code. Be sure that the card has not expired and is still active. If you continue to receive an error message after validating the information you’ve entered, call your bank for assistance.